If you want to take your photography game a notch higher, you need the best accessories for your DSLR. Buying a Nikon D5600 is great, but you still need the right Nikon D5600 accessories to complement your camera.
You’re probably fired up and ready to start shooting.
And believe it, I’m not going to waste your time with unnecessary epistles. Right here is a compilation of some of the best Nikon D5600 accessories you’ll need to help you keep shooting your best shots!
|Best Lenses||Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED with VR image stabilization|
|External Flash||Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash|
|Memory Card||SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB Flash Memory Card|
|Extra Batteries||RAVPower Battery Charger and 2-Pack Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries|
|Lens Filters||55MM Professional Lens Filter Accessory Kit|
|Tripod||AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag|
|Cleaning Kit||Professional Camera Cleaning Kit for DSLR Cameras|
|Camera Bag||Lowepro Flipside 400 AW Pro DSLR Camera Backpack|
|Microphones||Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone Kit|
|Remotes||Nikon 25395 MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord (1 Meter)|
Best Lens for Nikon D5600 – Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED
Getting a great lens should rank high on your priority of the Nikon D5600 accessories you need most. Recently, I reviewed some of the best lenses for the Nikon D5600. I examined and recommended a whole lot of lenses for a whole lot of reasons. These include;
|NIKON 18-300MM F/3.5-6.3G||Best all-in-one lens for D5600|
|Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4||Budget best lens for D5600 camera|
|Nikon 18-200 mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II||Best D5600 camera lens for travel|
|Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5||Lens for landscape photography|
|Nikon AF S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G||Best Lens for wedding photography|
You might consider checking out that review for other D5600-compatible lenses for a variety of photography needs.
But if you need one lens that you can carry along on most days for everyday photography, I recommend none other than the Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED.
In case you might be asking yourself, why this?
That lens comes with Nikon’s VR Image Stabilization feature, considering the D5600 camera sensor itself lacks built-in optical stabilization.
The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED has a 55 – 300 mm focal length, complete with the Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM). The SWM helps it operate perfectly without issues.
This lens captures super sharp images with incredible clarity. It has earned more than 3400 5-star reviews from photographers who use it for their daily work on Amazon.
External Flash – Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash
In case you might be asking yourself, do I need an external flash when my D5600 is equipped with a pop-up flash? The answer is yes!
If you want your pictures to stand out, you need better control of lighting and exposure. This is even more important when shooting a subject in low light.
There are hundreds of external flashes on the market;
But here are a few of the many reasons why the Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash stands out among the others;
- Portable and versatile for regular use.
- Intelligent TTL (I-TTL) helps you get the right exposure and is designed to work with the Nikon Creative Lighting System.
- The wide angle of view of the auto-zoom head extends over 24 – 120mm.
- A large LCD screen makes for easy reading and adjustment of settings and overall intuitive operation.
- Automatic color filter detection for camera color temperature adjustment and thermal cut-out protection to prevent overheating.
- Incredible flash head positioning and flexibility.
- Guide number measures 92′ at ISO 100 and 128′ at ISO 200 at the 35mm zoom head position.
Memory Card: SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB Flash Memory Card
Many people prefer to get their Nikon D5600 accessories in a bundle. If this excites you, I recently reviewed the best Nikon D5600 bundles.
This matter here because each of the bundles I reviewed and recommended contains one or more SD memory cards.
In my own experience, it’s always better to have more than you’ll need.
Considering you’ll be shooting high-res RAW images on your camera, you need more than enough storage space. And that’s why I recommend the SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB Flash Memory Card.
Here are a few of the many reasons why this memory card is one of the best Nikon D5600 accessories every photographer needs;
- Ability to read up to 90MB/s/ write up to 95MB/s.
- Fastest-ever UHS Speed Class 3 for super-fast data transfer.
- Shockproof, X-ray proof, and Waterproof design to withstand use in harsh weather conditions.
- Write-protect switch built-in switch feature eliminates the risk of accidental data loss.
Extra Batteries for D5600: RAVPower Battery Charger and 2-Pack Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries
It’s not every day that I recommend third-party accessories, except when they manage to perform excellently, like the RAVPower battery here!
The standard Nikon battery in your D5600 offers 970 shots.
This seems impressive, and it truly is, except you might run out of juice when you need it most. Being close to a charging station might not even help. Having an extra battery or two is always better.
What you get;
- 2 x Replacement Battery for Nikon EL14 (1100mAh), a DC Dual Battery Charger, and a micro-USB Cable.
- Full charging of both batteries with the included micro USB cable in under 2.5 hours.
- The batteries are also protected against high-temperature, over-charging, short-circuit, and surge protection.
- Solid and lightweight charging platform holds batteries properly.
- Charging convenience via different means from wall to car and power bank charging.
Filters for Nikon D5600: 55MM Professional Lens Filter Accessory Kit
It’s true that you need filters for a variety of reasons.
Neutral Density (ND) filters, for instance, can help decrease the amount of light that passes to your camera sensor. You’ll need this to balance exposure when you’re shooting under challenging lighting conditions. It can also help reduce shutter speed to create motion blur, something you’ll need when shooting water or physical movement.
But ND filters are not all you’ll need.
You’ll also need UV and polarising filters, among other essential Nikon D5600 accessories. While the UV filter helps reduce the harmful UV rays’ passage onto your lens, it can also help protect the lens from bumps and scratches.
On the other hand, a polarizer filter can help reduce glare, such as what happens when you’re shooting around water.
But you don’t have to buy different filters separately. This Professional Lens Filter Accessory Kit on Amazon has every filter you’ll need, and more.
What you get;
- Ten 5MM filters including a UV, FLD, CPL filter set; ND2, ND4, ND8 filter set; 4 x Close-up Macro Filters (+1 +2 +4 +10); 2 Lens hood (Hard and soft) Lens Cap, lens cap keeper, and cleaning kit.
- The cleaning kit includes a mini table tripod, camera screen protectors, cleaning spray, and an ultra-gentle cleaning cloth.
For less than $40, this is an enormous value!
You’ll get filter kits to help you balance exposure under sub-optimal lighting conditions for beautiful and colorful shots.
The UV filters will also help protect your lenses from accidental scratches and bumps, and ultimately extend your lenses’ useful life.
Camera Tripod: AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag
So, I don’t know what your photography sessions look like.
But, regardless, a tripod is still one of the best Nikon D5600 accessories you can get for your DSLR. You need one that is both lightweight and sturdy.
That tripod should also be able to bear around 700g, which is about 1.5 x the weight of your Nikon D5600. There are a lot of great tripods in the market. The AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag happens to be one of the very best, and it’s available for less than $30!
Here are some of the reasons why I recommend it;
- The 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod is surprisingly compact and lightweight.
- Aside from not adding too much weight to your setup, this tripod is easy to take while traveling.
- Can also function as a monopod very easily
This tripod has legs that can extend from 20” to 48”.
I also love how the leg locks release easily as well. The leg in the middle can also be cranked up to get the tripod 60” inch high. This tripod does away with bells and whistles and just works!
Aside from this, the Joby GorrilaPod is also a great tripod as well. This has flexible legs that can be made to grip, wrap, or stand on virtually any surface. Perfect for use in most places where a conventional tripod might not be able to stay.
Nikon D5600 Cleaning Kit: Professional Camera Cleaning Kit for DSLR Cameras
You want to keep your camera neat and dirt-free.
For this, you’ll need the best cleaning tools and accessories. I found one of the best cleaning kits for D5600 online for around just $10. A lot of D5600 owners continue to heap praise on the Professional Camera Cleaning Kit for DSLR Cameras. This is mainly for the price to quality value this kit offers.
What you get includes;
- A lens cleaning pen with two sides has a dust removal brush and the other side with a non-liquid cleaning element that surprisingly never runs out!
- Reusable spray bottles to house your favorite camera cleaning solution; and
- Air blower to help you clean delicate lenses and other similar areas on your Nikon D5600.
Camera Bag: Lowepro Flipside 400 AW Pro DSLR Camera Backpack
One of the Nikon D5600 accessories you can’t but need is a camera bag.
You’ll need to choose a bag that can fit into your lifestyle. The most important things to consider will include how far you often travel and how much gear you find yourself carrying around often.
I have two camera backpacks for use at any point in time.
There’s a small one and another much larger one. And You’ll always know which one you need whenever duty calls.
For your D5600, I’ll recommend getting the Lowepro Flipside 400 AW Pro DSLR Camera Backpack.
- The space in this small and compact bag will fit your Nikon D5600 with lens attached, another extra camera body, and up to 6 additional lenses.
- It also has compartments for a tripod, flash, and other camera accessories as small as it is.
The compact Lowepro backpack should be enough for most days. But whenever you need more room for more gear, you can consider larger alternatives like the AmazonBasics Convertible Rolling Camera Backpack Bag – 15 x 22 x 10 Inches, or the USA GEAR DSLR Camera Backpack Case (Black). Either of these should be enough for your storage and transportation needs with the Nikon D5600.
Microphones: Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone Kit
Microphones are some of the best accessories for Nikon D5600 if you want great quality audio to accompany your high-quality videos.
If you’re often recording videos with your Nikon D5600, an external microphone will do justice to your recordings better than the in-built one.
I recommend the Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone Kit for vlogging, podcasting, gaming, or interviewing video sessions with the D5600.
- This mic is lightweight and allows for discreet hands-free video recording
- It boasts excellent audio quality and does not cost an arm and leg
- The mic is super simple to use and doesn’t even require batteries
- Comes with extra accessories such as an extension cord, extra clip, mini USB adapter, TRS adapter, and a fuzzy windscreen, among others.
Remote for Nikon D5600: Nikon 25395 MC-DC2 Remote Release Cord (1 Meter)
Along with using a tripod, a shutter release cable is one other accessory you need to avoid camera shaking.
You don’t want your camera to shake during exposure. And if you’re looking for a way to achieve this, this MC-DC2 Remote Release from Nikon should be one of your favorite Nikon D5600 accessories.
This wired remote has a 1m cord, with a button on the other end from your camera that helps trigger your camera’s shutter release. It can also be used for shutter lock for long exposures.
Up here are some of the best Nikon D5600 accessories that I feel are a must-have for every photographer. While you’ve taken a significant step in the right direction by getting a great camera, these accessories will help you add greater ease, flexibility, and efficiency into your photography sessions.
In this case, the results will be beautiful images and high-quality video and audio, as the case may be.